If you're selling
your home, having the property inspected before it goes on the market is a
great idea because it offers several advantages, including:
- Buyers will better understand the condition of
the home they're considering buying. Although you may think that having
this information could scare potential buyers away, in our experience the
opposite is true. When the home inspection comes at the conditional offer
stage, many buyers are surprised by the results and want to renegotiate
the price, or are discouraged from buying the home. With all the
information available at the beginning of the process, the transaction can
move more smoothly and there's less likely to be an 11th-hour
- You can decide whether to make any
improvements to the home to help it sell more quickly and for more money.
Similarly, you can choose to reflect the condition of the home in the
asking price. Either way, the home is likely to be more appealing to more
buyers, and to sell more easily.
- You get to choose the inspector, reducing the
chances of having a qualified buyer scared off by an alarmist inspector.
inspections are becoming one of our most requested services! Performing an
inspection before a home is listed is a valuable tool to help sell your home.
Benefits for Home
- Your home may sell faster.
- Eliminate having buyers walk away because they
think there is a problem with the house.
- Avoid renegotiating based on an inspector's
- Reduce confusion where an inspector has raised
an issue that isn't a big problem.
- No parade of inspectors through your home
before a multiple-offer situation.
- Resolve any differences of opinion before the
house goes on the market.
- Decide if you want to fix any problems
identified or recognize existing issues and reflect them in the purchase
price. That way, potential problems won't be used as a negotiating tool